Sunday, June 5, 2011

Goodbye

I have always wanted to branch out from my family. Moving to another country has always been the one thing that got me through high school and university. It was the obvious path I would take the very minute I graduated. The one thought that never crossed my mind was just how hard it would be to say goodbye. One simple word has all these emotions attached to it. I still have two months before I leave yet pieces of my heart feel like they are already broken. I know it’s only a matter of time before those broken pieces will heel but still, I haven’t even left yet and the thought of leaving is hurting. I know this is what I have to do. I still have so much growing up to do, emotionally and mentally. The biggest thing that hurts was watching my mothers face drop the moment she knew I got my visa, her sadness is what overwhelms me, I know this is all temporary pain but it’s pain nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment